Job Title: Supply Chain Project Coordinator
Date: 25 July 2016
Job Title: Supply Chain Project Coordinator
Program: National Laboratory Systems Strengthening
Project: Laboratory Supply Chain and Inventory Management System Strengthening
Report to: Laboratory Pillar Project Manager
Location: Freetown, Sierra Leone
Job Duration: Full-time
eHealth Africa (eHA) provides new approaches to the development of people-centric and data-driven technology solutions that connect and deliver better public health services for vulnerable populations in sub-Saharan Africa.
With more than 800 employees, eHA develops innovative solutions and plays a critical role in public health interventions across five countries: Nigeria, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Sierra Leone, Guinea, and Liberia.
eHA programs in Sierra Leone cover three broad areas of health system strengthening: Surveillance, Laboratory, and Emergency Management and Preparedness.
eHA is supporting the implementation of Supply Chain and Inventory Management System (SCMS) software for the Sierra Leone regional laboratory network.
eHA is working on the installation of supply chain and inventory management software and the mentorship MoHS staff at up to 5 laboratories over the next year. The project aims at improving the supply chain and inventory management of essential supplies and commodities for the Sierra Leone regional laboratory network.
eHA is seeking a high ability individual to join its dynamic team in Freetown as a Project Coordinator to support the Laboratory Pillar Project Manager.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Laboratory Pillar Project Manager, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for effective, efficient and timely administrative and programmatic support to obtain projects results. He/she will analyze and interpret the reporting and financial rules and regulations and provide solutions to a wide spectrum of complex issues related to the SCMS project. The Project Coordinator will promote a collaborative, client-focused, quality and results-oriented approaches.
SUMMARY OF KEY FUNCTIONS
● Provide technical assistance in the implementation of all activities related to supply chain and inventory management system software.
● Provide technical support in collaboration with all program stakeholders and partners to carry out all tasks of the SCMS project ● Support and facilitate the implementation of supply chain and inventory management software at up to 5 laboratories in the regional laboratory network
● Build the capacity of laboratory staff within the regional laboratory network on supply chain and inventory management software by providing onsite mentorship
● Identify best practices and lessons learned for documentation and sharing with national supply chain and Laboratory stakeholders
● Contribute to the preparation of reports on a weekly, monthly, quarterly basis which will highlight of all supply chain activities across the SCMS project. Work closely with various partners and stakeholders towards managing relationships and maintaining routine communications
● Participate in meetings (related to laboratory supply chain and inventory management) of the different health programs to provide insight on national supply chain direction that will guide stakeholders’ interventions.
● Perform any other activity as deemed appropriate by the Laboratory Pillar Project Manager, or eHA Executive Director
● Contribute to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Leadership – Establish and maintain relationships with a broad range of people to understand needs and to gain support.
Teamwork – Work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve org and project goals
Planning and Organizing – Identify priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate time and resources for completing work. Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude; demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Accountability – Take ownership of all responsibilities and honors commitments; delivers outputs for which responsibility is given within a prescribed timeline, cost and quality standards; operate in compliance with organizational regulations and rules
Communication – Speak and write English clearly and effectively. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Keep Laboratory Pillar Project Manager informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Promote knowledge sharing and learning.
MINIMUM, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy, Logistics, Public Health, Social Sciences, Public Policy, Project Management, Health Sciences, Business Administration, or related field.
● Three to Five years of professional experience in procurement, inventory management, systems implementation, project management, or health programs preferably in an international health care supply chain management environment.
● Experience in Laboratory systems is strongly desired
● Experience in supply chain and logistics operations is desirable
● Additional experience in vaccines supply chain management is a plus
● Ability to function as a team player and to be self-managing is an advantage.
● Extensive knowledge of the Sierra Leonean public health sector
● Strong analytical, research, problem solving, and statistical skills
● Comfortable working with people from different cultures and backgrounds
● Preference for teamwork and a collaborative working environment
● Ability to write technical reports and make oral presentations is required
● Excellent administrative and personnel management skills
● Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required
● Ability and willingness to travel on field assignments
Interested candidates should email a copy of their CV, cover letter, and a list of three relevant references to by 1 August 2016. The job title should be included in the subject line. Only those applicants shortlisted for an interview will be notified.