Job Title: Programme Assistant/Guidance Counsellor
Date: 18 August 2016
Schooling for Life (SfL) is a growing organisation, operational in Freetown, Sierra Leone, since 2014 with the aim of giving talented and motivated youths the tools to build a successful future. The objective of the programme is primarily to bridge the gap between youths who can’t find work and employers who can’t find skilled employees.
The programme offers an intense three pillar education package consisting of:
1. Scholarships for the vocational education of a student’s choice.
2. Extra-curricular skills training at a Schooling for Life training centre.
3. Personal guidance by a professional guidance counselor.
The programme is open to eligible Sierra Leonean youths between the ages of 15 up to 25.
Schooling for Life is looking for a candidate who will serve as Programme Assistant/Guidance Counselor. The ideal candidate will serve concurrently in both capacities considering the experience and maturity level.
Qualification: The ideal candidate should have a very good degree in sociology or any of the social sciences. A post graduate degree in educational psychology will be an added advantage. Must be experienced in counseling, mentoring and coaching young people with proven results. The preferred candidate must have served in the above job position or in a similar role for a commendable period of time.
• Professional, patient, honest, high integrity and moral standards, manager/leader, open to new ideas, an example for others Essential skills:
• Works well with a range of different individuals
• Exhibits ability to multitask on a regular basis
• Experienced in providing guidance in academic and personal issues to youth • Experienced in dealing with groups and guiding groups
• Experienced in motivating youth
• Solution focused
• Very good mediation skills
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Knows how to balance friendly and professional demeanor
• Pays close attention to detail
• Experienced in the Sierra Leone context, specifically the educational and social context
• Proficient in software programmes including Microsoft Office packages e.g. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Flexibility and Management Planning
• Demonstrates ability to think creatively to assist in special events planning and marketing for the organisation
Are you interested? Then please email us the following: a motivation letter, CV and one recommendation letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about Schooling for Life, go to: www.schoolingforlife.net.