Quillcomm Ltd in collaboration with Ryson Group Ltd would like to invite your technicians for the above hands-on training slated for 14th – 18th October 2013, Gracia Gardens, Nairobi- Kenya.
Telecommunications, manufacturing, data centers and, increasingly, utilities rely on fiber optics technology for secure data communications. Besides having better bandwidth than hard wire, these systems do not need as many repeaters and do not require preventative maintenance. But the growing communication requirements of industry have increased the need for technicians who understand fiber optics installation requirements. In order to effectively install or repair fiber optics systems, an electrical contractor or technician must understand the limitations of bending, effects of temperature, how to effectively splice and connectorize this material and confirm the quality of a connection.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be qualified to:
• Determine appropriate fiber for different applications
• Inspect, install and test connectors using the epoxy polish method to EIA/TIA standards
• Identify damage to cables and associated causes
• Install fiber optic cable
• Test fiber optic cable for EIA/TIA acceptable losses
• Utilize an optical time domain reflectometer (OTDR) and light source/power meter
• Install mechanical and fusion splices to EIA/TIA standards
• Identify and specify components for a fiber optic system
Budget for losses in fiber optic systems
• Utilize attenuators to adjust power levels (DBM) at the receiver
Who should attend?
This course is intended for electricians, IT technicians, communications technicians, and any personnel that specifies, installs and restores fiber optics systems. With this course, students will complete the Fiber Optics Association (FOA) exam for Certified Fiber Optic Technician (CFOT) certification.
For more information, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org