Job Title: IT Support Engineer
Date: 25 July 2016
Job Title: IT Support Engineer
Department: IT Department
Program: IT Department
Reports to: IT Manager
Job Duration: Full Time
Summary: The IT Engineer will support design, development and deployment mobile data collection projects. He will also assist with training users and collecting feedback.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
● Conduct user trainings on the use of mobile data collection apps
● Support the introduction of mobile tech by teaching users in the field
● Act as a first-level support / main point of contact for users to report error and bugs
● Configure and provision mobile devices, assist with updating phones for application updates
● Gather new requirements from the field by talking to users and stakeholders
● Conduct tests of new application releases in the field and collect feedback
● Develop applications in collaboration with the Software Development Team
● Assist with data analytics and data visualization topics
● Assist with generation of data dumps for specific data analytics purposes
● Performing any other duty as assigned by management
● Degree or Diploma in computer science, business information systems, human-computer interaction or related field, or equivalent professional experience
● Software development skills with strong familiarity of databases
● Strong organizational skills and discipline to follow outlined procedures
● Strong leadership skills that include the ability to build effective teams, ability to motivate others, delegation, and timely/quality decision-making.
● Must be able to work as a leader and member of a team and possess good problem solving skills.
● A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action efficiently and must be willing to work in an evolving and stressful environment while juggling multiple task and remaining professional composure
● Experience in conducting trainings
English is the spoken and written language. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHealth Africa is a tobacco-free environment.
Interested candidates should email a copy of their CV, cover letter, and a list of three relevant references to by 1 August 2016. The job title should be included in the subject line. Only those applicants shortlisted for an interview will be notified.