Job Title: Wholesale Banking (ED position)
Date: 30 January 2018
Apply by: 20 February 2018
Leading bank in Sierra Leone seeks Head, Wholesale Banking
Roles and responsibilities
- Responsible for the Wholesale, Public Sector, Medium & Commercial Enterprises, Retail (including branches) and Digital Banking Sales businesses.
- Develop sales strategies to acquire and maintain clients for Wholesale, Public Sector, Medium & Commercial Enterprises Retail (mass market with focus on affluent medium to high end income earners) and Digital Banking businesses in coordination with product and sales teams.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with key customers and prepare various vertical market strategies to enhance growth.
- Track and monitor existing and emerging opportunities and develop alliances to ease conversion, wallet share growth and service offerings to clients/ customers.
- Prepare and document all market plans and drive to convert the plans to value.
- Analyze and prepare forecasts and estimates for various selling procedures as well as measure and assess the profitability of the relationships.
- Work closely with other/ relevant key stakeholders to drive trade and other businesses.
- Provide support to Relationship Managers/ Officers in the expansion and deepening of relationships.
- Provide required training for in-country Relationship Managers/ Officers to generate adequate value.
- Develop and secure approval for the relevant business strategies and ensure effective implementation in line with approved budget
- Manage overall performance on revenue, profitability and growth of the business lines.
- Ensure adequate resourcing at all levels of the different businesses and coach/ motivate employees to effectively execute the strategic decisions to meet corporate goals.
- Ensure growth in profitability of the bank and business units and manage overall performance against budget.
- Ensure full compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements for the Central Bank.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the CEO.
- Minimum of a Bachelors’ degree; a Masters’ degree and/or a professional qualification compulsory
- Minimum of 10 years banking experience, out of which at least 8 years must have been spent in Management cadre
- Broad knowledge of the global macroeconomics and its dynamics
- Deep knowledge of the bank’s products and services
- Deep understanding of the value chain of the key industries
- Deep industry knowledge
- Knowledge of credit risk analysis
- High level of IT proficiency
- Strategic thinking ability
- Relationship management
- Execution skills
- Analytical skills
- Supervisory skills
To apply, submit CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.