Job Title: Head, Public Sector Group
Date: 30 January 2018
Apply by: 20 February 2018
Leading bank in Sierra Leone seeks Head, Public Sector Group
Roles and responsibilities
- Design product offerings, and services to meet the needs of the public sector.
- Regular contacts with State governments, and other elected officials to strengthen the Bank’s revenue generation from the public sector.
- Liaise with Business managers and Regional directors to implement strategies/plan to establish the bank’s market presence in the public sector.
- Grow the Bank’s existing Public Sector products (collections, payments, loans).
- Understand and monitor government policies and pronouncements.
- Develop market strategies and valued relationships to increase revenue from the public sector
- Provide advisory support to direct reports by identifying business opportunities and drawing a plan/program to achieve set targets.
- Meet with government executives, and elected officials of public service agencies etc, to solidify business relationships with the bank.
- Provide performance report to the GMD/CEO, highlight key issues, and proffer professional recommendations where necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the GMD/CEO.
- Minimum of a Second Class Lower Degree (B.Sc) from a recognized university.
- An Additional qualification - MBA/M.SC and/or professional qualifications is required
- Minimum of 10 years banking experience, out of which at least 8 years must have been spent in Management cadre.
- Proven track record of successfully developing, and implementing strategic initiatives and programs.
- Accounting, Finance and Financial analysis
- Policy and Regulatory Interpretation skill and Implementation capability - Good understanding of the banking industry.
- Knowledge of the bank’s policies, products and services.
- Relationship management.
- Knowledge on BSL’s Regulatory policies.
- Financial cost Management.
- Good Leadership skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- High level of integrity.
- Excellent relationship management skills and Interpersonal skills.
- Selling/Marketing skills.
- Ability to identify and pursue multiple initiatives simultaneously and deliver superior results.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Persistent and focused on achieving objectives