Job Title: Finance Director
Date: 18 January 2016
Our client, a group fully committed to the sustainable production of organic and fairly traded products is looking for an experienced Finance Director to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
· Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost
· Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
· Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report
· Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
· Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
· Research technical accounting issues for compliance
· Support month-end and year-end close process
· Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
· Manage and comply with various government agencies’ reporting requirements and tax filings
· Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
· 5+ years of experience as a Controller, preferably in Africa.
· 10+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
· Advanced degree in Accounting
· CPA or CMA preferred
· Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
· Experience with creating financial statements
· Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
· Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
· ERP (SAP) experience an advantage
. Willing to travel frequently up country (north and south), say 10-12 days every month
Interested candidates should email a copy of their CV, cover letter, and a list of three relevant references to email@example.com. The job title should be included in the subject line. Your cover letter should include: your country of residence and nationality, your date of birth, dates you are able to commence and duration of availability. Only those applicants shortlisted for an interview will be notified.