Job Title: Accounts Receivable Supervisor
Date: 21 September 2020
Apply by: 5 October 2020
Report to: Financial Controller
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Balancing guest ledger daily before transferring unsettled guest balances to City Ledger, posting, editing and updating to accounts receivable system. Direct bill accounts transferred to the City
Ledger must be billed on a timely basis, preferably the same day.
2. Balancing / posting daily payments and reconciling short payments.
3. Research and respond to guest queries either by phone or correspondence. Disputed guest accounts must be resolved on a timely basis. Staff City Ledger accounts – staff should retain a copy of all outlet receipts, which should minimize the number of queries.
4. Maintain a good business relation with guests.
5. Ensure timely billing of invoices and statements per credit policy.
6. Ensure a strict follow up and quick collection of accounts receivables.
7. Maintain on a regular basis clients file (correspondence, contracts, expected payments…), resolve expected disputes by informing his/her direct report.
8. Ensure delivery and reception of invoices by clients.
9. Understand different rates charged to guest and good knowledge of invoicing procedures.
10. Ensure that guest charges are filed properly and easy to trace back
11. Credit card billings must be controlled separately from other receivables to ensure payments are properly credited and reconciled with receipts. If Electronic Data Capture (EDC) facility used, ensure summary reports agree to amounts credited to bank account. Research and resolve central billing charge back.
12. Prepare and input journals for transfers between debtors’ accounts.
13. Liaison with reservations, sales and front office staff daily on rates etc, to reduce potential invoice errors. In addition, discuss disputed accounts and reason for same.
14. Preparing and distributing invoices of employee City Ledger accounts promptly.
15. Reconcile Advance Deposits for Banquets and Accommodation.
16. Reconciling and processing of travel Agent commissions daily.
17. Investigate and respond to travel agents commission queries for Credit Meeting.
18. Raise monthly rebates for clearing accounts and rental charges.
19. At month’s end, write off overdue after departure (greater than 60 days), guaranteed no show accounts and provide for travel agents commission and employee discounts.
20. Reconciliation of total City Ledger accounts to the General Ledger each month.
21. Regularly arrange storage of City Ledger documentation and appropriate Accounts receivable computer reports.
EDUCATION EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIRED
Knowledge of accounting procedures
Technical and Analytical Skills
Attention to detail
A degree in Accounting, Finance or part qualified ACCA.
MS Excel skills
Previous accounts receivable experience of not less than 5 years
Applicants are required to e-mail their CV and cover letter to email@example.com with mail subject indicating “Accounts Receivable Supervisor”. All applications must be submitted on or before 5 October 2020.