Job Title: Accounts Payable Supervisor
Date: 21 September 2020
Apply by: 5 October 2020
Report to: Financial Controller
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Collate suppliers’ documentation for processing, matching invoices and delivery dockets with the corresponding purchase order.
2. Ensure a “3-way match” – a properly approved (and issued) purchase document and a properly signed receiving document, both of which match the invoice submitted by the supplier.
3. Review edit report from receiver and check that general ledger codes are correct and check to ensure that invoices are collated correctly.
4. Ensure all credit notes are posted correctly to reconcile against suppliers’ statements and printed on the remittance advice.
5. Balance receiving reports.
6. Reconcile all inventory items with Control Department on a Daily / Weekly purchase Log.
7. Input Information into the A/P system.
8. Reconcile invoices to statements.
9. Prepare cheque for approval on a weekly basis.
10. Reconcile supplier statements monthly with hotel records and follow up on any discrepancies.
11. Maintain batch register and balance daily to General Ledger.
12. Maintain an effective filing system. For unpaid supplier invoices the filing is by supplier code and for paid invoices by month which the invoices were paid. Records must be retained for auditing and tax purposes for up to ten years.
13. Answer all reasonable supplier requests in a professional and courteous manner.
14. Produce and review monthly A/P Distribution report and perform the A/P month end close.
15. Prepare Accruals Journal at month end for regular suppliers and delivery dockets not paid for.
16. Complete all supplier credit applications
EDUCATION EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIRED
Knowledge of accounting procedures
Technical and Analytical Skills
Attention to detail
A degree in Accounting, Finance or part qualified ACCA.
MS Excel skills
Previous accounts receivable experience of not less than 5 years
Applicants are required to e-mail their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with mail subject indicating “Accounts Payable Supervisor”. All applications must be submitted on or before 5 October 2020.