Job Title: Communication Skills Trainer
Date: 18 August 2016
Schooling for Life (SfL) is a growing organisation, operational in Freetown, Sierra Leone, since 2014 with the aim of giving talented and motivated youths the tools to build a successful future. The objective of the programme is primarily to bridge the gap between youths who can’t find work and employers who can’t find skilled employees.
The programme offers an intense three pillar education package consisting of:
1. Scholarships for the vocational education of a student’s choice.
2. Extra-curricular skills training at a Schooling for Life training centre.
3. Personal guidance by a professional guidance counselor.
The programme is open to eligible Sierra Leonean youths between the ages of 15 up to 25.
Schooling for Life is looking for a trainer who can train the extra-curricular training activities. SfL requires an experienced trainer who will serve as Communication Skills Trainer. The trainer will engage the students on basic communication skills that will enhance them in their jobs and personal lives.
The ideal trainer should have a relevant qualification to support the teaching/training experience they have, or at least a commendable relevant experience of training in various organisations or groups especially, with a track record of dealing with young people.
• Professional, outgoing, confidence, flexibility, honest, proactive, high integrity and moral standards, manager/leader, open to new ideas, an example for others
• Experience in working with youths/young people
• Experience in dealing with groups and guiding groups
• Excellent presentation, feedback and coaching skills
• Experience in training work ethics related to the Sierra Leone job market
• Plans and creates interesting and participatory activities to improve learners’ skills
• Experience in translating complicated topics/issues into easy to understand information
• Experience in training work related behavior such as active listening skills, nonverbal communication, confidence building, friendliness, empathy, respect, openmindedness, clarity, concision and feedback
• Experience in training design and research and creating curriculum accordingly
• Receptiveness to change
• Conflict Resolution skills
• Experience in student focused teaching
• Demonstrates patience and tact in working with students who may lack confidence
• Fluency in English (oral and written) and knowledge of Krio
• Flexibility and Knowledge of training programme management
Are you interested? Then please email us the following: a motivation letter, CV and one recommendation letter, to . For more information about Schooling for Life, go to: .